I swear 2013 is flying by way too fast. It’s already the third week of February and I still haven’t posted my January summary. I am changing the format of these posts yet again. In my attempt to simplify, I am just calling these recaps instead of favorites so I have free rein on what I include. Watch out!
January 2013 Recap
1) I took the plunge and registered for my first half marathon in March. It’s a big time commitment, but I have been following the Hal Higdon plan so all the workouts are scheduled.
2) Football playoffs kept us interested all month and a good background for the huge amount of grading Nate did at the end of his semester. I loved Ray Lewis’s “Hot in Herre” entrance to his last home game and made Nate play it a couple of times for me (check it out here if you didn’t see it).
3) I began to embrace simple recipes I could prep and serve within an hour. Time management in the kitchen has never been my strong suit, but the less time I spend cooking means more time for running and other projects!
4) My big purchase on the month was two fiddle leaf figs from IKEA. One is in our front room in a pretty purple pot. I am still looking for the perfect white ceramic pot for the second plant that’s going in our bedroom.
5) My neglected office was finally finished with some sweet rearranging and a lot of clutter removing.
6) We took a break from grading went and saw John Oliver perform on a Friday night. Most know him as a correspondent on the Daily Show, he also has a podcast that is a favorite of Nate’s. I surprised him with front row tickets to the show and afterwards we were lucky to get a photo.
7) I started drinking coffee again after a little after holiday detox. Starbucks started selling $1 reusable cups that only strengthen my love affair.
8) In the kitchen, I began a bunch of small projects including a chalkboard wall.
9) My first anniversary with Instagram came and went. I still can’t get enough of the application and now you can even follow along online. My user name is andiezoe if you also use the app. Add me as a friend and I’ll do the same!