Tag Archives: half marathon
1) Daft Punk sneakily released a 15 second commercial during Saturday Night Live. We got word of it from my East Coast news feed and Nate found it online as soon as we got home from dinner. Yes, this is what we do on a Saturday night…
2) My dear friends planned and executed the most awesome DIY Bridal Shower for me. It made me grin from ear to ear.
4) The second Land Park Gourmet Club dinner happened with lots of good conversation, habanero ketchup and red wine.
5) I decided to try listening to an audiobook while doing my long runs. I wish I had done this sooner! It made the 6+ runs so much more interesting.
6) On St. Patrick’s Day, I ran my first half marathon. I had two goals – to finish and to finish in 2:30. I accomplished both and even came in five minutes faster! Dagny and Alisa were sweethearts and cheered me on at a critical mile nine.
7) The cats got busy terrorizing our local wildlife. The latest victim was an alligator lizard that Nate and I rescued soon after this photo was taken.
8) Nate has started watching Hardcore Pawn. I felt I should document this.
9) I whooped when I finally got my Mailbox account. This little app has already simplified my morning email browsing considerably. If you have an iPhone and use a gmail account sign up now!
I swear 2013 is flying by way too fast. It’s already the third week of February and I still haven’t posted my January summary. I am changing the format of these posts yet again. In my attempt to simplify, I am just calling these recaps instead of favorites so I have free rein on what I include. Watch out!
January 2013 Recap
1) I took the plunge and registered for my first half marathon in March. It’s a big time commitment, but I have been following the Hal Higdon plan so all the workouts are scheduled.
2) Football playoffs kept us interested all month and a good background for the huge amount of grading Nate did at the end of his semester. I loved Ray Lewis’s “Hot in Herre” entrance to his last home game and made Nate play it a couple of times for me (check it out here if you didn’t see it).
3) I began to embrace simple recipes I could prep and serve within an hour. Time management in the kitchen has never been my strong suit, but the less time I spend cooking means more time for running and other projects!
4) My big purchase on the month was two fiddle leaf figs from IKEA. One is in our front room in a pretty purple pot. I am still looking for the perfect white ceramic pot for the second plant that’s going in our bedroom.
5) My neglected office was finally finished with some sweet rearranging and a lot of clutter removing.
6) We took a break from grading went and saw John Oliver perform on a Friday night. Most know him as a correspondent on the Daily Show, he also has a podcast that is a favorite of Nate’s. I surprised him with front row tickets to the show and afterwards we were lucky to get a photo.
7) I started drinking coffee again after a little after holiday detox. Starbucks started selling $1 reusable cups that only strengthen my love affair.
8) In the kitchen, I began a bunch of small projects including a chalkboard wall.
9) My first anniversary with Instagram came and went. I still can’t get enough of the application and now you can even follow along online. My user name is andiezoe if you also use the app. Add me as a friend and I’ll do the same!