Oh July – you came and went oftly fast! I am just now taking the time appreciating all the fun you brought me.
1. The beginning of July found us at the top of the big island of Hawaii near Honoka’a.
2. I read on the last three Game of Thrones books over our Hawaii vacation. I finished A Dance with Dragons on the flight home. It’s hard to keep all the plot developments secret from Nate who hasn’t read any of the books, but I am doing my best to stay mum.
3. We arrived home very late on the 3rd of July, slept and then had to quickly switch gears in order to host our annual 4th of July party. #weneverstop
4. Watching the kids in our lives interact this year was adorable. They are all growing up so fast.
5. I declared a pool siesta every night this summer to relax. Sometimes after work I am in such a funk, it is difficult for me to break it. Spending thirty minutes swimming or just chilling in the pool helps a lot. My pool siesta hasn’t happened every night but I still have forty days left of summer to enjoy them.
6. Fresh tomatoes are the best. Maybe that’s why I have four tomato plants growing…
7. And speaking of tomatoes, the Pomodoro Time app has become a new favorite productivity tool. You set the timer and then have 25 minutes to focus on work with a five minute break. The cycle continues for three more runs and then you get a 15 minute break. It’s a great way to focus and get stuff done.
8. While camping, I swam across the Russian River with Teagan on my back. Her excitement that I was taking her to the big kids was the sweetest thing. #auntiesarefun
9. Vacation always brings reflection and these Yoobi notebooks have become a new favorite journalling notebook plus they are a good alternative to the pricy Moleskine ones.