Nate and I have received a lot of compliments on our casual but colorful wedding attire so I wanted to spend a little time discussing our vision and giving you the details if you are into that sort of thing.
Nate and I agreed early on that we would individually make our own decisions on what we and our parties wore. I let each lady pick their own dress and Nate’s crew wore short-sleeved guayaberas, dark jeans and pumas. I loved how our whole wedding party combined together with so much color and individuality.
Recently, I’ve been having a lot of fun pushing myself to learn more about Photoshop. I’ve been using the program for the past ten years, but only use about 10% of its potential. Last week, I worked on my first mood boards and decided to make them about our wedding outfits. So here you go and again, this one is mostly for those who have asked us about what we wore. If this sort of post isn’t your thing, please feel free to pass it by.
Nate’s wedding look
Nate wanted pieces he would wear again and be comfortable in. I love the look he came up with. First you have the classic guayabera shirt. The linen is so perfect for a warm summer wedding. Then the casual element with dark jeans and pumas. Wearing jeans was probably the most controversial decision of our entire vision, but we thought they fit the vibe we were going for so I was totally on board with them. Who doesn’t like a guy in a pair of well-fitting jeans?
1) We spent a lot of time looking for Nate’s guayabera shirt and we were thrilled with the quality of this 100% linen long sleeve one we bought from Cubavera.
2) The jeans are Levi’s Dark Wash Bootleg Jeans.
3) All the groomsmen wore different color Suede Classic Pumas. Nate went with the limestone gray/midnight blue with blue laces.
4) Nate’s boutonniere was handmade.
My wedding look
I really didn’t have a vision of want I wanted for a wedding dress. Originally I was going to go with a short party dress with pockets, but my sister convinced me to get a real wedding dress and I am so glad I did. Once I found this one-sleeved gown, the rest of the look fell into place. I went with a lot of color and a definitely played up the “greek goddess” references with my gold sash and bracelet.
1) The flowers in my hair are also handmade.
2) As soon as I saw the Kendra Scott Turquoise Dayla Drop Earrings I knew they were perfect for my vision. These are probably the most expensive earring I own, but I love the weight and durability of them.
3) I picked up this gradated gold cuff at Forever 21 for a few dollars.
4) I was very excited to find this gold beaded sash from BridesBoutik’s Etsy Shop. It gave my dress the right amount of definition at the waist without going overboard.
5) Ann Taylor Silk Georgette Pleated One Shoulder Gown was such an easy gown to wear. I wanted something I could wear all day and dance in and this dress was great. I got it for a steal through the flash sale site Rue La La and my mom tailored it to fit just right.
6) My sister actually bought the TOMS Strappy Wedges in hot pink for herself, but then went with a pink dress so we switched shoes. These wedges are so comfortable that I was able to wear and dance with no problem.
*On a sad note, these Gold Bumble Bee Bobby Pins didn’t make it in time for the wedding (my fault not the vendor), but I would have totally rocked them if they had arrived in time.
I love makeup and will admit to spending hours reading and watching reviews on any new products I bought for my wedding look. I was very happy with the result and send a big thank you out to Nikki for helping me get my eyes just right! If I have one tip for summer brides, use a setting spray like Urban Decay’s Deslick to make sure your makeup stays perfect through the warm weather.
Step 1: Makeup for Ever HD Foundation / Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer Brightener/ Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda II Concealer Palette / Bare Minerals Well Rested Powder
Step 2: Laura Geller Bronze N Brighten / Lorac Baked Matte Satin Blush in Exposed
Step 3: Tarte Clean Slate 360° Creaseless 12-Hr Smoothing Eye Primer / Urban Decay Naked Palette / Urban Decay 24-7 Glide-On Eyeliner in Whiskey
Step 4: Nars Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in Mexican Rose
Step 5: Urban Decay Deslick Makeup Setting Spray / L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Waterproof Mascara
Step 6: Essie’s Geranium on my toes (I had a bubblegum pink gel manicure but don’t know the exact color) / Body Shop White Musk (Nate’s favorite) / Pacifica Indian Coconut Nectar Body Cream