Poor Nate has been trying to fix two broken gas lawn mowers for weeks. We inherited them and hoped we could save some money by fixing one up. Unfortunately it wasn’t that easy and at some point you have to realize the cost of a new mower out ways the time and energy fixing up an old, used one.
Luckily with a few clicks of the mouse, I was able to order a Black & Decker MM875 Lawn Hog 19-Inch 12 amp Electric Mulching Mower with Rear Bag
on Friday afternoon and have it delivered Saturday morning. Cost was about 200 bucks and I only paid an additional $3.99 to ship it next day. I kid you not. Three dollars and ninety nine cents. You got to love Amazon some times!
Although dealing with a power cord is a little cumbersome, an electric mower made sense for our small yard for a variety of reasons.
1) It takes up very little space.
2) Its super easy for someone like me to operate with a flick of a switch.
3) We don’t have to keep a can of gasoline in our shed anymore.
4) It had awesome reviews from a few friends who have one and also on the internet.
5) It was about 100 bucks less than a battery powered model which in my mind didn’t justify the convenience of a battery.
All in all I am really proud of this purchase. I hope this little mower lives a long and healthy life at our place. All it has to do to pay its keep is work about a half an hour every other week. Not a bad deal at all.